Latest Posts




Renovating, redecorating or adding a home extension can be two thirds terrific and one third upsetting. Sure, coming up with a great idea and then planning a new kitchen, bathroom or even a deck or pergola can be a lot of fun, however, to organise these projects – and all things in between – you will require time and knowledge from a professional builder.

Licensed builders throughout the year are required by law to upgrade their knowledge and skills in order to retain their licenses (Builders only). If the builder or tradesperson is not licensed then he or she probably will not hold the necessary insurances, building knowledge, or building skill…and the list goes on.


Each time you engage a builder, contractor or tradesperson, be sure to take a few minutes to check:

  1. Builder’s License and/or Tradesperson’s License at
  1. OHS card which is issued by WorkCover Australia.
  1. Builder’s Insurances – Public Liability, Construction Insurance, and Home Owners Warranty Insurance which must be applied for, by the builder and/or tradesperson, where each contract exceeds $12,000.

You know the saying “You get what you pay for”? If your builder’s and or tradesperson’s estimate appears “cheap” it is important that you do your homework before signing with them, as you are more than likely letting an unqualified person to maintain or build your biggest asset.

  Tags:  | Comments (0)

Comments (0)

Add a Comment

Allowed tags: <b><i><br>Add a new comment:


Building Works Australia's Guarantee HIA greensmart professional logo We accept Visa Mastercard Amex PayPal logo HIA - you're in good hands

Follow us on: Visit our Facebook page   Connect with Brian on LinkedIn   Follow @BuildingWorksAU on Twitter   View our Pinterest boards   See our Instagram posts   Circle us on Google Plus